"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not." -Psalms 17:5

Sunday, March 11, 2012

February 6th, 2012

Hey!

I`m doing just fantastic :) how are you? So, things were sweet this last week. Right now all my study time is taken up with the language. And seeing that my companion is leaving, I have a good chance of being senior companion, so I HAVE to know what'
s going on with the lessons and the language.

On thursday morning, my companion had to go to an internet cafe to write up his end of mission goals.  So it took awhile but I just took my scriptures and just started reading. I ended up reading for about 3 hours, and it was amazing how I could learn and feel the spirit in this random little internet place in the smallest town in a 3rd world country.  It amazed me to know the power of the scriptures and the witness of the spirit no matter who you are or where you might be. 

So there`s these people we`re teaching where the wife is just the funniest Q'eqchi' lady I`ve ever met.  I was making beat box noises with my mouth and the lady asked what I was doing.  Ha on the spot my comp tells her that its a special language ha ha and he starts doing it too.  So we went back and forth doing weird noises and acting like it was a conversation haha you should have seen the lady`s face ha ha priceless. We`re hoping for a baptism this week with their daughter.

So finally in District meeting this morning we had a sweet activity where we talked about how we`re learning new languages and sometimes we can't communicate every single word that we wish we could, but the most important language is the language of the spirit.  So what we had to do was bear our testimonies without saying a single word.  We had an art book of pictures that we could use as well as our hands, but no words.  It was a very spiritual experience for me. You should try it out for family home evening. 


Love, 
Elder Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment