"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not." -Psalms 17:5

Sunday, February 5, 2012

January 30th, 2012

Why Hello There!

My day was wonderful; today we went to this place called Rio Dulce.  It's a pretty touristy place and we went to this castle and bought some souvenirs and I took a TON of photos so you`ll be happy about that. So, with the things I`ve written in my Journal I actually wrote about a place called San Vicente it was an awesome day guided by the Lord. For food,  ha ha it's funny that you asked because this last week I told my comp that I was going to make a competition out of it and keep up with everything he eats cause he eats a lot and I`ve had a hard time eating lately and its messed with my stomach. So we just ate and ate and ate.  Cereal with granola.  PB and J. Cheap Pasta ha ha. There`s a store here where the lady drives to Mexico to get american food ha ha funny huh? It's my favorite store, so I got some cereal bars and stuff like that.  I'm not eating anything like I was before.  I can't eat a lot of food anymore ha ha. I`ve gotten skinnier.  I still want to lose about 8 more pounds, but I still have a lot of time to do that so no worries right? ;) 

So, there were two sweet talks I read this last week.  One called `` What the Atoning Sacrifice Meant for Jesus`` By Gerald N Lund and the other is called ``The Fourth Missionary`` but I`m not sure of his name.  You should really look that one up and you`ll know and understand who I want to be and who I WILL be when I come home. You asked me one of the things I`ve learned lately and it would have to come from that talk.  What I learned was that anyone can become anything that they want to. You can't ever say ``thats just the way I am``.  I`ve learned of a lot of my weaknesses and never will I say ``thats just who I am.`` I will become everything I want to be. I want to be Great. As a missionary, as a person, and everything the Lord wants me to be. I know its possible if I do all I can to achieve it. So, this applies to you as well :)

I just want to share my feelings about becoming as humble as Christ. There is a scripture in Corinthians but I don't know where exactly, but it basically says ``He being rich, became poor, so that WE being poor, could become rich`` and with the riches of our Heavenly Father.  Christ humbled himself below everything we`ll ever experience so that we could have everything.  His example to me is perfect and one day I hope I can learn to be that humble.  

I love you,
Elder Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment