"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not." -Psalms 17:5

Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28th, 2011

Hey You!
You`re not going to believe where I`m at... Polochic! Ha ha Crazy huh! No, I havent played any instruments lately because in the "chic"... there aren't any. There`s nothing where I`m at actually.  The area is called K`anlun, and there are only a few peple who even speak spanish.  EVERYONE speaks Q`eqchi` and for that reason I`ve felt super lonely this week, but my companion is from Honduras, so I only speak to him in spanish. Its been a rough transition.
Let's see... our house that we live in is super small... it's just a little bit bigger than my dad`s shed out in my back yard but not by much. Luckily we have electricity and running water. In fact the church just barely built this house for the missionaries so it's pretty nice.  They`re building a chappel in the same fenced lot of ground, so it`ll be fairly nice. I took pictures, but again, in Polochic we don't have perks so this internet place I can't hook up my camera or print off your letter. We had to ride in the back of a truck about a half an hour to get to this area where there is actually stuff ha ha I never thought I`d be living like this but aqui estoy... :) It's been a great time for me to learn and to grow, and to learn to live humble like these people here. 
This language is just hard... My head hurts everyday because I try so hard to focus and learn.  By the end of the day i`m just exhausted, not from the walking but from thinking. I can pray and do some basic things but people want to talk to me and I just look so stupid saying ``I dont know`` over and over, but I`m learning and I just need to be patient with myself and let the Lord help me. This language is super interesting though... everyone says ``Ma sa` laa ch`ool?`` when they greet you, which translates to ``Is pleasent your heart`` and you respond ``Sa sa` inch`ool´´  ´´Pleasent inside my heart`` ha ha it's super fun to learn just super hard at the same time. For Thanksgiving we didnt do anything, in fact I got home that night and I was writting in my Journal, and looked at the date... I was like... ``oh today was thanksgiving.... well... happy thanksgiving to me!``
To answer your question about the water.. where I live, I either have to put water in this white bucket that is a purificador or buy bags of purified water from the little wooden stores around, so it's always clean it's just not the easiest thing to do. I just need to be super good and buying up and storing a bunch of water bags in the house. 
One afternoon we stopped by these investigators, and they had family over for this little girl`s birthday. So, they were super nice and invited us in and fed us Caldo and it was sa (pleasent) ha ha we`ve stopped by them 3 times this week, and the guy understands everything. He also speaks spanish so its nice teaching him ha ha ha. We`re hoping that he will accept baptism and help this branch grow here in our little town of people.  Btw there is only 25 active members here so our ward meetings are rough. I blessed the sacrament and that prayer was ridiculously hard ha ha but I did it :) Thanks for the scriptures i`ll look those up tonight when I get back home. Well, I hope I answered all of your questions, and I also hope you have a fantastic week!! Be safe!! I love you (nakatinra)
Elder Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment