"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not." -Psalms 17:5

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 14th, 2011

Hello!
Ha thanks for the 6 month wishes!! :) crazy huh?  No I feel just like you, its gone by really fast looking back. Sometimes in the moment it's a long time, but like I said looking back, saying that I´ve completed 1/4 of this is just nuts to me. We´re going to celebrate it on Friday, but I dont really know how. Guate is different when you celebrate something, it's always the person that's celebrating that takes out everyone else, so it's kinda backwards from how we do it back home ha ha. I might take my companions to ice cream or something like that. So, for the holidays, today for P-Day we actually had Thanksgiving turkey and mashed potatoes and everthing!! Super good :) they dont celebrate that here obviously, but for like Nov 1 it was Day of the Dead, kinda like halloween. What they do is go to the graves of people and paint them because the graves are above ground... yeah it's weird but for that day NO ONE WAS HOME lol it was ridiculous. They can get kinda intense in their culture things, but not too often.
I have some scriptures this week; some have to do with families and stuff like that and others were just things that I was thinking about a lot and it helped me. So, in D&C 29:48 about how we will be responsible as parents. Also in D&C 68:28 and Deut 6:5-7. Then, speaking of time and what  not, D&C 31:6 about how it's only ´´a little time.´´
So on a different topic, again in my studies this week I went over the parable of the 10 virgins, and how we really do need to prepare NOW for whats to come, cause it really is close.  Everyday we need to do self checks and see if we´re progressing and preparing for Christ. Through all of these deep thoughts I came to the conclusion or thought and I wrote down ´´So what did I learn?´´  Every class I made the goal to think to myself,  ´´In my own words, what did I just learn, and if I cant think of it then I just wasted my time´´  So hopefully over time I can make sure that EVERYTHING I do, will be something that I learn, grow, progress, or accomplish and not waste the time that the Lord has given me.  One of the harder things for me as a missionary is to always be just super happy all the time. I think i´m pretty mellow all the time, but here in Carcha, the members always ask me ´´Elder Ware are you sad?´´ I just respond with a smile, ´´Nope :)´´ lol but it got me thinking about what people see in me if im always just ´´mellow´´ so I made a goal to be more happy smiley when I need to be ha ha kinda weird, but we´ll see how it goes ha ha :)
So to answer you questions:  The languages are getting better.  I focued on spanish more this week and I noticed a difference, so i´ll worry about the other one when I actually get to where I have to speak it :) Other things that were good is that we are super close to getting our baptism this saturday!! I´m stoked, its my first ´´real´´ baptism :)  oh i'm going to the Capital tomorrow to get my tooth fixed and to go to the Doctor about other things lol, so i´ll let you know how it goes. Thats about all the smiley faces I can put into an email ha ha I just realized how many i did... oh well ;)
Love always, Elder Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment