"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not." -Psalms 17:5

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 19th, 2011

Hey!
This place definitely has it's beautiful places and it's well... not so beautiful ha ha luckily you only see the good. Teaching has been getting better and better spanish is coming along just fine.  As far as teaching goes its interesting,  its fun when they participate in the lessons, but when they just could care less it's kind of frustrating especially when I´m trying so hard to teach it simply and in Spanish. So I mean teaching has never been my favorite, I´d rather show you by example or something. In fact I believe God knew that about me long before now, so I´m just using what I´ve been blessed with ha ha.  The baptisms fell... but its kinda been like that lately. We´re marrying a couple this week or next and hope they get baptized too. The weather has been just rain and more rain we get soaked everyday, but we have to work in it or else we wouldn't get anything done. Sacrifice brings blessings right? ;)  The thing I have laughed the hardest since I´ve been a missionary... hmm.... probably just some dumb missionary jokes we tell in the house. Yesterday was my 4 month mark! This last month went by pretty fast, which is a good sign that things are going well. Ha McKenna sounds like she's growing up a little too fast ;) Kristen and Danny have been writting every other week or so, but my Brother hasn't written me for quite a while! My Bishop hasn't written me yet, and my Stake President hasn't since the CCM.  Sometimes I wish I had more letters! This week was just normal teaching and teaching without anything super big happening. I wanted to share somethings I had read and learned this last week. I was reading a Liahona, which is the Ensign down here just a little different. But anyways it was the June 2010 and Elder Bednar had a really good talk about what we do with our time here in this life.  He emphasized how much time we waste watching TV, playing video games, and spend time on the internet like facebook and the dangers that come from spending so much time with these.  It really made me think about what I want in life and so I basically came to the conclusion that I´m not going to play video games when I get back. I just dont want to waste time that I could be using to develop my relationships or doing something important. So yeah if you can find it its a good talk.  Also I had a really cool experience in reading my patriarchal blessing this last week.  I´m really trying to find out who I was before I came to this world and who I was in God´s eyes.  I was just a super strong spiritual experience so I encourage you to read yours this week, and look for things you can learn about yourself.  Focus on simple things before the deeper stuff. Love, Elder Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment