So, my new companions are Elder Smith from Lehi (also from that blog we´d read together) and Elder Olson from Tennesee (from my first group at the MTC) it's so weird seeing the both of them and even more so that we´re companions now ha ha. We´re in a trio, which is not ideal, but we´re making it work for sure ha ha its been a fun week. It's always different adjusting to living and dealing with other people, but this change wasn't too hard actually. You asked for me to share something that I´ve learned about myself, or just from my experiences... nothing huge stands out right now, but just overall I´ve learned that God truly understands me (everyone in that matter). He knows what I need and where I need to be pushed to reach my full potential. It's been a hard life change here in Guatemala, they really don't have anything close to what I had back home. And you know me, I love my things back home like being clean, having a nice house, eating cheese sticks ha ha. It really has been a blessing to set all those things aside, and look at my life for what it is right now. I have this great opportunity to give my self up for two years and let the Lord mold me and shape me into who I need to become (or who I once was before I came to this earth). I´ve got into great habits of reading and really loving the scriptures! I adjust to whatever comes into my life, and try not to stress too much (hardest for me) and the whole time I know that I have wonderful support back home and a Father in Heaven who loves me and wants me to find the most happiness I possibly can in this life. And I know that these two years I´m giving to the Lord will set me up to reach that happiness later down the road. I want to thank you for always being there for me. Hope you have just a fantastic week. PS Tomorrow is 5 months!! The time does go by ha ha ha. Love, Elder Ware
No comments:
Post a Comment